Friday, July 9, 2010

Foster Fishies

  

We are getting ready to go for a visit to my mom and dad's house .  We never really need a reason to visit, and its been a while since we went there. This time we have a few reasons.  The first, is to see the folks , of course.  Pretty soon they will be moving, and it will take a bit longer to go visit, though not all that much longer!  We are also going to hop over to a family reunion while we are there.  The kids are happy  about that as well.  I think they know every time we go to a family reunion there is a cool playground.

( They forgot the fact that people they hardly remember keep wanting to kiss and hug, and tell them how much they look like their mom! or dad, lol. And how many times will they hear " You probably don't even remember me!"   Yes, I went to my share of family reunions LOL)

The third reason we are going to visit is to pick up some foster fishies.  Yep, I am going to be foster mom of half  a dozen fish.  Really, I will be more of a babysitter, LOL.  My mom has a bunch of fish that she  can't take with her right away when she moves. So I offered to keep some and my brother is going to keep some.

 I set up the tank today so it has a few days to do whatever fish tanks do . I don't know , the pet  store people always say to do that. I ususally don't follow their advice, and I usually lose the first few  fish .
Since these are foster fishies, I figure I better follow the instructions this time.

I am wondering how the cats are going to be with the fish tank.   The little one, Cocoa, was fascinated with  the tank before I even had it filled. She would come and sit  on the edge of the couch and look at it, then run when we came in with more water. When it was filled she looked at it as if to say, " Is that all?" OR maybe it was, "IS that my new water bowl?"  She is also the one who was the most curious about  my  Jessie's
little fish tank, not that she got to see much of it. Jessie keeps her door shut to keep  Cocoa out. Cocoa and Knex don't go well together.

I think Alfie, the white cat, may love  watching the fish swim. He is the goofy cat who sits on the coffee table in the morning and watches Animal Funny Videos.  Just so long as he doesnt think it is a Wii or something, and try to get interactive with it!!

If all else fails, I will be sure to duct tape the lid  so the  cats don't  do any fishing when I am out.

No comments:

Post a Comment