Thursday, August 12, 2010

School Days

It has been a busy summer, and so it has flown by. I can't believe the kids are going to school soon. I have had a blast, and believe it or not, this year I am not as ready for school as before :(  I think they actually fought less, probably because I tried to keep them a little busier.  I  finally got my school list together this morning.

 Today I took Jessie and Joshua school shopping to buy their  school supplies and some school clothes.
 
Several years ago, I would have it made when they were out of formula and diapers and baby clothes..etc.  It couldnt be more expensive than that, right?  Wrong.  Now I have kids who STILL grow out of their clothes (some every season) and the clothes are no longer the three dollar Garanimals I got at Walmart. Heck, with inflation, even the garanimals went up!

     I  have now got  a just-about-teenage girl who  is starting to give a hoot about what clothes she can wear. Thank the LORD she is still a down to earth kid,  happy with graphic tees from anywhere as long as they fit.
But  she has changed sizes and has ZERO jeans that are long enough.  ( I thought only boys shot up  6 inches a year!?)  Jessie also is starting to LOOK more like a teen , something her dad will be shocked to see when she wears her new girl tee shirts instead of the boy shaped ones. Good grief,  we are going to be beating the boys off this one. On the other hand, she may  kick their butts herself!    The way she looks now, I told her she can wear make-up when she graduates high school!!! ( Go ahead, you can laugh at me. But I can at least scare her out of it for another year or two!)  She wants to buy "skinny" jeans.. and I don't know what to do if she wants "jeggings".. No I didnt' make that up. Its some cross between  Jeans and leggings,  and if you are my age, just think REAL stretch jeans like we used to wear ...gag..gag...

Joshua , bless his heart , he is cheaper to buy for , but he needed everything. The kid has got his momma's feet,  meaning  he needs a wide width, and I am having a time of finding shoes for him.  Everything he tried on today felt uncomfortable.  I shudder to think I may have to walk into a stride rite.  ( The scrooge in me does NOT want to pay 40 dollars for shoes lasting 6 months or less!)
I think he was a bit disgruntled because the tee shirts I bought were a little big, but I dont want to buy new ones next month for crying out loud!  At least the jeans fit him , and they all have that neat elastic adjuster. That will work until he grows another inch by  Christmas.


Jeff is the  the last one we still  have to shop for. He may be the easiest , because he is DONE with the growing. Most of what he has still fits, and the kids in college won't know he wore those clothes LAST year, lol. But, he needs some jeans and socks and all that. Plus the things for his dorm.  Its not really like he will be cheaper though, (ahem...laptop) ...


In the end, I shouldn't complain at all.  I seem to change sizes every year myself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment