Friday, August 13, 2010

Eyebrows and Kohls

I know it's a wierd  post title, but it was just that kind of day!

The plan was to take Jessie this morning to Kohls to find some "skinny" jeans and some shoes for Josh. Well , I slept through most of the morning,  but the kids were relaxing and not fighting so I didn't get my usual wake-up call.

   A while ago, Jessie asked me if I could take her to get her eyebrows  done, and I put it off for most of the summer. I have never had it done and I was kind of nervous about taking her.  After I had my coffee, I called the local salon to set up an appointment, and they set it for today at 2.  Memo to me, when they set an appointment, just count on sitting there for half an hour.  I  don't go to salons, and I assumed the service would be better than at Gret Clips ( who does NOT do brows).  One of these days I'll learn.

Anyway, I have never gotten an eyebrow wax, so I couldn't really tell Jessie what it would be like. All I told her is that I thought it probably hurt, but it would be better than me plucking all of the hairs myself. I still think that is true, and I am positive the results were better :D  Anyway, poor thing was in tears when she came out, and she looked like someone sat there smacking her in the brows instead of waxing!  OMG..Kohls definitely had to wait a few hours or someone might have thought I abused the poor kid.  I will definitely NOT be going for a brow wax. Besides , I have wonderfully perfect eyebrows naturally (heehee).  After her face returned to normal, she was really happy with the way it looked. They  only got rid of the extra hair below and between her brows. I shudder to think what she would have looked like if we wanted to make her brows thin. OUCH

I did  make it up to her by supplying her with a healthy binge of chocolate, which just makes everything better. Even  Josh got to indulge , since he sat there like a champ the whole time we were waiting!
I got some rolos,  just because I can!


We did end up going to Kohls after dinner. We had a greast trip. Jessie found two pairs of Jeans she likes, plus a tank and a cami.  I found a couple shirts on clearance that rock, and  found some shoes  that   fit   the little guy with the wide feet. ( Thanks to his momma).

And Jeff, well , he is at the Kohls Warehouse working 8-6 in the first of potentially four  night shifts.  His friend Krystal (like the burger)  told him her employer needed extra help, and away he went.  The nice thing, its a temp agency, and he can check the listings for shifts available in the future.  He originally thought he would be working Friday, Sat, and Sunday, but they wanted him to go in tonight to train. Its a bummer that he only got four hours sleep last night, and that instead of coming home and sleeping this afternoon, he went to kings Island, but hey, he is 18. He will recover by tomorrow night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment